|Ingredients for Creamy Spaghetti Squash with Peas|
|Creamy Spaghetti Squash w/Peas|
|Triple Berry Spinach Salad|
After adding the cheeses we felt like it might want a little something, so decided on peas. 1 medium / average sized squash is enough for 4, especially if you serve with a nice salad. Cheap, easy, fast and most important, delicious.
Creamy Spaghetti Squash with Peas
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup Mascarpone
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1 bag frozen Green Peas
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Wash squash and poke holes with a fork in several places around.
- Microwave on high power for 8 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and set aside.
- Cook peas according to package directions. (Ours took 4 minutes plus standing time.)
- Cut squash in half width wise for longer strands, like spaghetti, or length wise for shorter noodle-y strands.
- Remove seeds and discard, with a fork peel/shred the squash into serving bowl.
- Add cheeses, salt & pepper; mix well, allowing cheese to melt into squash.
- Drain peas, add to squash mixture and toss lightly.