You can gauge the amount needed by how many you need to serve, for 6 people and 4 dogs I used 1 ring of sausage, 1/3 head of each cabbage, 4 large potatoes, 1 lb carrots and 2 medium onions.
Simple Oven Roasted Sausage & Veggie Dinner
- Potatoes, thin skinned (scrubbed well) or peeled, cubed into bite sized pieces
- Carrots, peeled and sliced into bite sized pieces
- Onions, peeled and cubed into bite sized chunks
- Cabbage, white (green?) and red, cubed into bite sized chunks
- Smoked sausage or kielbasa, sliced into bite sized chunks
- Seasoning blend of choice
- Olive or canola oil or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spritz baking sheet using olive or canola oil in your misto sprayer or use cooking spray, add layer (not touching) of potatoes, carrots and onions. Spritz/spray the veggies lightly with oil then sprinkle with seasoning of choice (Cajun, Creole or essence work really well here- make your own seasoning blends to control sodium and leave out unwanted ingredients.)
- Bake for 15 minutes on lower rack. Meanwhile, get your cabbage ready on another oiled baking sheet, giving it the same spritz and seasoning (make sure to leave room to add your sausage).
- Turn/stir the potatoes, etc and put the cabbage in to bake for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage on pan with cabbage, bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip cabbage & sausage, bake for 5 minutes more.
- Everything should be nice and tender and deliciously browned and crispy.
- Easy, yummy and only takes 30 minutes to bake. No more than 45 minutes from start to finish and that's if you are super slow peeling potatoes.