Because I got the fish on sale it was less than $2 a serving and we would have paid min $10 each out. For 1/5th the price, here's a fancy schmancy fish dinner for four (can easily be adapted for any size gathering) that is so easy and so delicious that the first thing mentioned about it is- that has to go in your recipe book. (I'm not writing one, just the blog, but really, what a compliment, eh?)
Easy baked tilapia w/veggies
- 4 serving sized pieces of tilapia
- 1 bag sliced, frozen tri colored peppers and onions
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, halved and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- To taste salt & freshly ground pepper
- Lay out four sheets of aluminum foil.
- Divide the veggies up evenly in the center (making them about the size of the fish). Top each with tilapia, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Fold up foil to make a pouch, place on cookie sheets and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes*
- They came out absolutely perfect and beautiful (we forgot about taking pics- we'll get them next time).
- *The cooking time is based on how our oven runs and having some of the veggies frozen to start. If using all fresh or defrosted vegetables, I would check at 20 minutes, there is little worse than overcooked fish.