Although a bit higher in fat than some fruits, Avocados are one of the superfoods and for good reason. There are tons of health benefits, and the calories are from the healthy, good for you kind of fat.
Here's a delicious, simple salad that you can make as much or as little of as you like.
Since it was my entire meal, I used one recipe just for me, if I was making it as a side for 4 I would double everything.
Makes 1 main dish or 2 side salads.
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 2 - 3 TBSP Mild onion, chopped (red, vidalia, green)
- 1 Small lime, juiced
- To taste Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To taste Fresh cilantro*, chopped
- Toss gently to evenly distribute ingredients and enjoy.
- *You can add fresh chopped cilantro, but I am not a fan so left it out.
*Strange but true factoid- some people have a genetic predisposition to dislike cilantro, and get a soapy rather than fresh taste.