This is an extremely easy and basic recipe so use very good quality ingredients- they are what make the dish- you can play it up or down by adding veggies like crisp-tender broccoli, snow or sugar snap peas, diced sun dried tomatoes that have been reconstituted, roasted red peppers, sauteed mushrooms, etc and/or protein such as cooked chicken, shrimp, crab, etc.
Easy Fettuccini Alfredo
- 1 box Fettuccine noodles (we like to use the carrot, spinach, tomato flavored)
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 cup or more (to taste) Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Dash each Salt and garlic powder
- Pinch Freshly grated nutmeg - it's that little something, something that makes your dish stand out
- Cook and drain noodles al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter (if you are a big garlic fan, saute 3-5 cloves) add cream then cheese, blending well.
- Add seasonings, omitting garlic powder if you used the cloves.
- Simmer, stirring almost constantly over very low heat until it is the desired consistency.
- Stir in any veggies, protein you are adding.
- Serve sauce over drained pasta, garnish with parsley if desired.
- Let each person add their own freshly grated pepper and or additional cheese.