Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 box Pasta (medium sized is best- bowties, penne, etc)
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 TBSP Melted butter
- To taste Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup or so (2 generous handfuls) Mozzarella
- Just enough to coat Blue cheese dressing
- Organic baby spinach, torn
- While your pasta is cooking according to package directions, prepare the chicken and other ingredients.
- After your cooked chicken is in bite sized pieces, drown it in melted butter mixed with a LOT of hot sauce. (I am talking half a bottle or so- I am NOT a huge spice person at least not spicy heat, but that 2 or 3 drops to make a batch of wing sauce that some recipes call for is flavorless to me.)
- Drain your pasta well and dump in the coated chicken, mozzarella and spinach and mix to blend fairly evenly. Pour on the dressing- use as little as you can get away with you don't want it swimming, just enough to hold it together.
*You can use leftover rotisserie chicken or whatever is easy on you, those frozen strips of b/s tenders are great for this because you can cook straight from frozen. A couple handfuls is plenty, the meat is an accent not a main ingredient, at least for us.
If you wanted you could add chopped celery and/or shredded carrots but it is absolutely divine the way it is.