Another thing I like is Lo Mein and if I had any idea how easy it was to make I probably would have been making it for years.
Here's a super simple recipe that is very forgiving- not using exact measurements because like most of our recipes- they are better if you adapt them to your tastes.
Easy Lo Mein
- Thin spaghetti, cooked and drained well, the drier the better.
- A blob of butter, a bit of butter & oil or coconut oil
- Soy sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Veggies (any you like- in the photo we had canned baby corn, drained and cut in thirds, snow peas and matchstick carrots)
- Any bits of cooked meats, shrimp, etc
- Brown the spaghetti in a pan in butter or oil. Add soy sauce and teriyaki sauce to taste.
- Add veggies, heating just til crisp-tender. Add meats if using.
- It's really that simple. In the above version we had the pineapple juice left after draining what we used on the Oriental chicken wings so dumped that in and it was phenomenal. It's a very versatile and forgiving recipe that is very easy to customize with what you have on hand or adapt to what you want to eat it with.