We finished making it at just before midnight, and Ki garnished it with some colored sugar and more chopped walnuts. What a treat to ring in the new year with something so pretty and delicious. Remember, we're not professionals, so we think it came out really great. ;-) If you are expecting perfection, you're on the wrong blog. ;-)
Delicious Carrot Cake
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Vegetable oil
- 1 cup each White & brown sugar
- 2 - 3 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tsp each Baking soda & baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Grated or shredded carrots
- 1 cup Chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla together
- Mix soda, powder, salt and cinnamon into flour then add to sugar mixture and mix until blended (I just add one at a time without adding to flour first and get them evenly distributed before adding flour)
- Add carrots and walnuts- again just let the mixer do its work til everything looks pretty evenly distributed.
- Divide evenly into 2 round cake pans
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Let cool on wire racks 5-10 minutes then remove from pans and let cool completely before frosting with cream cheese icing. Can cut each layer in half to make a 4 layer cake if desired.
Best Ever Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 2) 8 oz pkgs Cream cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup (more or less to taste) Light brown sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Mix butter and cream cheese together until thoroughly blended with no lumps.
- Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.