Hehe sorry but mama just didn't inherit the desire or talent to cook like gramma.
Cubed Steak & Potato Pouches
- 1 per packet Cubed steak (partially frozen will insure tenderness)
- 1 per packet Potato, thinly sliced, peeled or thin skinned
- 1 pat per packet Butter
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Seasoning blend
- 1 sheet per packet Heavy duty foil (rapid release works great)
- Ketchup or steak sauce
- On heavy duty foil, shiny side up place one cubed steak, still partly frozen
- Add one potato, thinly sliced - if they are red or yukon gold you can leave the peels on, otherwise peel them.
- As much onion as you want (or leave this off for miss picky pants).
- A generous blop of butter.
- Your favorite seasoning- I like some of the Mrs. Dash Blends, Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt, Tony's Creole Seasoning or Montreal Steak Seasoning myself, you can find quite a few myo seasoning blend recipes here.
- Wrap these up, sealing tightly and either toss on a hot grill flipping after 20 min(not directly over hot coals) or place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and steaks cooked but not tough.
A thought we had tonight was that baby carrots would make a fabulous addition but of course I didn't think of that til they were halfway cooked.
I know a lot of people have foil meals- or hobo packets- I'd like to try a wider variety- what are some of your faves?