Don't let the long ingredient list fool you- this is so much better than take-out and comes together very quickly, especially if you have a food processor, but a good knife works well too.
- 1/2 cup Wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 2 - 3 TBSP Sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Coconut oil (can substitute vegetable, canola, etc)
- 4 Green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 - 2 Carrots, sliced diagonally or shredded
- 1/2 - 1 Red, yellow, green or orange bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced or grated (can substitute crystallized)
- Couple generous handfuls Cashews (bits and pieces work fine here)
- Mix together vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar, set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or heavy skillet. Toss chicken pieces in cornstarch, then stir fry quickly until cooked. Remove from wok.
- Add onion, carrot, red pepper to wok, stir fry 1-2 minutes, add garlic, red pepper and ginger. Stir fry 15 seconds.
- Add vinegar mixture, cashews, chicken, stirring to coat chicken, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.