Do NOT omit the A-1 or try to substitute- trust me when I say even people who "hate" it LOVE this and it really makes the dish.
- Leftover steak, *round steak or browned ground beef
- 8 oz (or more) mushrooms (I like a blend, but button will do)
- 1 Tbsp Butter or coconut oil
- Enough to cover Beef stock or boullion
- Healthy glug, to taste A-1 steak sauce
- 8 oz carton (or larger, if desired) Sour cream
- Saute onions & mushrooms in a bit of butter or coconut oil
- *If using a cheaper cut of beef (or uncooked) remove onion mixture from pan and saute bite sized strips or chunks of beef (or brown ground), add onion mixture back and enough beef stock (can use water and boullion cubes if you have to) to cover and let simmer about 20 minutes or until meat is tender & cooked through and liquid reduced by half.
- **If using leftover (rare) steak, wait until some of the broth is boiled down (about 10 minutes) to add then just keep it on long enough to warm through.
- Turn off heat and add a carton of sour cream and a glug of A-1.
- Stir well and serve over hot cooked noodles or rice.