Baked Chicken Parmesan - serves 4
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Egg, beaten with splash of milk
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan
- 8 oz pkg Baby bella or other mushrooms, sliced
- Butter or coconut oil
- Meatless spaghetti sauce*
- Mozzarella cheese, grated**
- Grated parmesan cheese**
- Cooking spray, preferably olive oil
- Dredge chicken in egg mixture and breadcrumbs and place on lightly sprayed baking sheet - spray top of chicken as well to brown (you won't need to turn it this way). Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a pan saute mushrooms in a bit of butter or oil until cooked through.
- Top chicken with mushrooms & warmed spaghetti sauce* then sprinkle on cheese. Broil on low for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- *Use store bought or your homemade, enough to cover the chicken with a decent layer- about 6 oz or so.
- Serve with spaghetti (or your favorite pasta).
- **Grated mozzarella mixed with grated parmesan- the ratio should be about 3 to 1 - as much or as little as you like.