Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- 2 Large eggplant
- 4 Eggs, whisked well
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded fine
- 4 cups Spaghetti sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Spritz Cooking spray, preferably olive oil
- 8 oz (or more, to taste) Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with EVOO.
- Peel and slice eggplant 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip eggplant into egg then dredge in breadcrumbs and place in single layer on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, flip and bake an additional 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Mix mozzarella and 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Put small layer of spaghetti sauce on bottom of 9"x13" casserole.
- Layer in the following order- eggplant, sauce, cheese making sure to end in cheese.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let set 5-10 minutes before serving.